At the moment we refactor at profitbricks a huge amount of
shit legacy code which currently uses a very outdated version of socketio which itself changed a lot during the last years. Because we have a lot of trouble with the number of concurrent database connections and browsers within the company’s intranet which are going wild by usage of ‘xhr-polling’ and start flooding our application servers, we decided to look for another (more stable) solution. At the end of the research we have found and implemented the package ws4redis (django-websocket-redis).
We had to switch from a monkey patched gunicorn to uwsgi and we like it 🙂